Re: [OM] Olympus in Tokyo

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus in Tokyo
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:55:38 -0600 (CST)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
I think John P. put well.

In view of this ever expanding technology, which I am in (semiconductor
R&D and Productization), the business decisions become extremely critical
on what direction should each products are capable and marketable with
acceptable profit margin.

Manufacturers such as N*k*n and C*n*n extended and emphasized their product
lines and services more in line with professional photographers needs,
while Olympus took the other path in consumer imaging and specialized
optical markets.

That's why I noticed while I was visiting Tokyo a couple of weeks ago
Olympus was only advertizing [mju:] Zoom Wide 80 P/S and digital Camedia
C-1400L in Japanese magazines and in the trains, while I saw lots of N*k*n
ads for F5, M*n*l*a ads for alpha-807si, C*n*n ads for the EOS series.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa