Re: [OM] 38mm & 20mm macros & Re: T28 Twin macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] 38mm & 20mm macros & Re: T28 Twin macro flash
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:32:47 +1000
>This Gossen unit is the one that I want to enhance by giving it TTL
>capability.
>I haven't decided yet how to perform, but I have two options. Either I
>can try to connect the built-in flashtube to the Olympus macro flash
>power source, or I can take an old T32 apart, mount the bare flashtube
>in the Gossen, next to the original one, and keep the rest of the T-32
>elsewhere to connect to the camera.

Does the gossen have a normal auto function? If it does, use the ttl turn
off signal to assert the normal auto turn off. The normal auto must switch
something, so switch it from ttl signal through an opto isolator instead. If
it doesn't have normal auto, is it feasable to use the ttl signal to trigger
an scr across the tube, shorting it turning off the flash before full
discharge?

Foxy