Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:27:58 +8
About this super FP thing.  Apart from the battery power supply
problem I would have thought - given the colour 'temperature' that
flash tubes operate at - that a major impediment to increasing the
output would be overheating of the flash tube.

You might need a gattling gun arrangement with multiple tubes fired
alternately so that none get too hot.

I once saw a TV program about a very powerful portable spot light.
It used a zenon flash tube firing at 60 Hz, or whatever, so it
appeared to the human eye as a continuous light source.  The flash
tube was liquid cooled, pump and all, possibly with freon (this was a
few years back)  The program showed someone reading a newspaper by
the light of the lamp - from a mile away.

Giles