Re: [OM] Re: 180mm f2 / 350 f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 180mm f2 / 350 f2.8
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:44:02 GMT
On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:21:54 EST, IRBWALTERS <IRBWALTERS@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Frank  you write:
> When I bought my used black 350/2.8 from the US (for $1500, almost two
> years ago), it came, all to my suprise, with a 1.4 xA converter and an >>
>
>How do you like your 350 f2.8,  Pro's & Con's ????
>I have a Tamron 300 f2.8, a nice lens BUT IT'S NOT OLY!!!!!
>Thanks BW

Hi Irb (?)

This lens is great, but also big and heavy.

The only con's are the size and weight (which often prevent me from
taking it with me in situations I could have had much pleasure of it)
and the price of course.

But the quality is superb, on par with the other younger (in design
that is) Zuiko lenses. It is very good for wildlife photography, and
the 1.4xA converter is perfectly matched. The 2xA converter is fine
too, albeit not recommended by Olympus.

Unfortunately I cannot compare with the Tamron 300/2.8 you own. I can
compare with the Zuiko 300/4.5. However good the price/quality ratio
of that lense may be, you won't be surprised if I say that the 350
outperforms it by far.

Frank.