Re: [OM] 38mm & 20mm macros & Re: T28 Twin macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] 38mm & 20mm macros & Re: T28 Twin macro flash
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:48:52 GMT
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:32:47 +1000, "Terry and Tracey"
<foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>This Gossen unit is the one that I want to enhance by giving it TTL
>>capability.
>>I haven't decided yet how to perform, but I have two options. Either I
>>can try to connect the built-in flashtube to the Olympus macro flash
>>power source, or I can take an old T32 apart, mount the bare flashtube
>>in the Gossen, next to the original one, and keep the rest of the T-32
>>elsewhere to connect to the camera.
>
>Does the gossen have a normal auto function? If it does, use the ttl turn
>off signal to assert the normal auto turn off. The normal auto must switch
>something, so switch it from ttl signal through an opto isolator instead. If
>it doesn't have normal auto, is it feasable to use the ttl signal to trigger
>an scr across the tube, shorting it turning off the flash before full
>discharge?
>
>Foxy

No, this Gossen has no auto function. The fiber guides would have to
have a sensor fitted in their ends for that, I think, which is too
much asked for a lighting set. It isn't an endoscope...
And the other thing - isn't that exactly what the T-32 circuitry does?

Frank.