Re: [OM] OM4 mechanical shutter 'bug'?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 mechanical shutter 'bug'?
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:45:28 -0800
Clive Warren wrote:

Fellow Olympians --

My OM2s when used with a motor drive 2 also does not expose film
when it is set at the Red 60 (mechanical) setting.
I discovered this one day while photographing hummingbirds.
(I don't need the camera's electronic exposure control since I'm
depending on the thyristor control inside the Olympus flash units
which are aimed at each other in order to get the extremely short flash
pulse.)

I thought that it was part of the design of Olympus for the
rapid advance of film without exposure for use with a 250 exposure
film back.

Hank
y> This happened to me when I used the red 1/60 on my OM4 after
batteries
> dying on me - using studio flash.  I did have new batteries with me,
> however was being lazy as all light was from the flash heads.  Thought it
> was just my camera as it behaves perfectly apart from this one glitch....
>
> The camera was being used with a Winder at the time.
>
> I think we've found a bug - right all of you OM4T owners - whip the
> batteries out attach a winder and see if you suffer also.....
>
> All the best,
>
>               Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com

Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer