[OM] 4Ti at the vertical

Subject: [OM] 4Ti at the vertical
From: Paul Haigney <qpw5709@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:20:58 +0000
Greetings

Subject........OM4Ti
Reported Fault............loss of power when turned vertical or when
pointed towards the ground.
Frequency............ Intermittent."very"

I have not seen this camera my self, it's with a dealer and as I was
talking to him on the phone he could not recreate the problem.
I did talk to a tech about it , he said if the shutter is firing ok (as
I think it is ) at all speeds when the problem arises , he feel it may
be a loose viewfinder display which moves as the camera is turned and so
does not catch the light entering through the pentaprisim window or
indeed something in the pentaprisim blocking the light,....result a
blackout and loss of viewfinder display......or to those unfamiliar to
the camera...a  loss of power. He has seen both problems before with
later model OM's.
Has anybody else seen this problem ??

Rgds Paul Haigney