[OM] Opinions on Samyang 18-28 f4 sought

Subject: [OM] Opinions on Samyang 18-28 f4 sought
From: robi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robi Karp)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:12:29 +1000

GMcGrath writes:

 | I came across this lens, and wondered if anyone has experience with
 | it? It is touted as being "highly rated," though I don't know the
 | source for the rating.  Any  comments about image quality,
 | handling, and reasonable price to pay would be appreciated.

Hi Greg,

I have this lens.  I like it.  The quality of the images is great
(imho).  Its compact and it works well.  In retrospect, however, I
would simply by an 18mm lens.  I find that from 18-28mm the difference
is hardly relevant and I mostly just use in on 18mm all the time.  I
don't know about the price, I bought mine a few years ago.

One last thing.  In the past I have taken great shots with it.  In my
last round, though, I noticed that the corners had black edges on
them.  This is new.  Any ideas?  If it makes a difference, the older
shots were with an OM-10 and the newer ones with an OM-2SP.

- Robi