[OM] Interesting quote from MP

Subject: [OM] Interesting quote from MP
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:24:22 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all:
Here's one the short news notes I ran across about Oly in MP (4/73
p.12):

"Olympus President Ken Kambe: The M-1 is the hope on which we will
concentrate our quality and quantity production aiming at a monthly
production of 10,000 units by March or April [1973].  This has caused us
to make great changes in our camera production policy since the Olympus
Pen days.  The FTL will be discontinued; compact and half-formats will
be adjusted and reduced in number to the best types among presently
existing designs.
        "As for Pocket Instamatics we would not touch it at present.  As
for the electronic shutter SLR this seems something we must tackle, but
judging from the last Photokina, we feel we needn't hurry [the OM-2 came
out about 2 years later]."

Cheers,
--Lee