Re: [OM] Pricing [was: WIERD XA2]

Subject: Re: [OM] Pricing [was: WIERD XA2]
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 00:41:39 EST
> Ok.  Who got it ;)  (my bet is on Lindert.  I think he
>  is the one reason our stuff is so expensive still.  He's cornered the
>  market, and has an old WWII bunker full of the stuff.  Perhaps me, Gary
>  S., Gary R., Clive, Giles, Hank, Ulf, and Foxy should mount
>  a rescue mission.

Hi Lee:

Dealers tell me OM equipment doesn't move, but it is obvious that they are
pricing their stock TOO high here in the US.  Holding equipment for a long
time sure won't earn any interest on the asset!

Since my OM-1 w/ 50mm f/1.4 bargain at $55 I've hit another dry spell.  Just
one OM-10 with a Korean zoom for a crazy $129 - pretty slim pickings here.

There must be some stockpiles!!  If my memory serves me right the Canon AE-1
on the OM1 and 2 sold about equal numbers.  Now why is it that I see a Canon
AE-1 and/or T50 "new" to the shelf with each visit to a shop, but nothing OM?

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV