Re: [OM] OM1 for a fair price (? AUS$210) spotted in Sydney (AUS)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 for a fair price (? AUS$210) spotted in Sydney (AUS)
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Mar 1998 17:48:05 +1000
duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> Anyone in Sydney looking for an OM-1?
>
>   I saw what looked like a fairly unused OM-1 w/ MC 50/1.8 in the Aceban
> pawn shop
> window on George St. yesterday (29th March). I didn't get my hands on it,
> as
> the shop was closed.
>
> Price was $210. (is this good? I dunno).
>
> always with eyes peeled...

I paid $90 for my beat up OM-1 with broken self-timer with
considerably-less-coated-than-it-once-was 50/1.8 (and a flash that bit
the bag not long after IIRC) from Smith's in Cairns (Queensland) about
five years back..

I've seen in the last month an OM-40 body for $260 in Brisbane, and
several OM10s with 50/1.8 for about $150, so by comparison that's not
a bad price, but haggle as hard as you can.  Remember the pawnshop
would have paid less than half that for it.

Chris.

p.s. While we're on the subject, anybody know of a good place to buy
        used long glass for OM in Brissie?

--
 Christopher J Biggs \ chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ Vice-Pope torture and marketing
 Stallion Technologies\ Brisbane,  Australia \   Holy Church of Givashitology