Re: [OM] Future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Future of OM
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:45:42 -0500
Jim Terazawa wrote:

>Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:44:48 -0600 (CST)
>I have the most up-to-date addresses(as of Jan 1998) for those
>who wants to communicate with Olympus Japan:
>
>Headquarter:
>
>Olympus Optical Co. Ltd.
>1-22-2, Nishi-Shinjuku
>Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8610
>Japan
>
>Sales:
>
>Olympus Sales Co. Ltd.
>3-4, Kanda Suruga-dai
>Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062
>Japan
>
>Olympus Plaza:
>
>Olympus Plaza
>1-3-1, Kanda Ogawa-mach
>Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0052
>Japan
>
>If you want to write to the president, you should address to the
>Headquarter.  However, I believe the customer relations (pr_dept)
>is located at Olympus Plaza with e-mail address indicated at Olympus
>Homepage http://www/olympus.co.jp

The homepage URL above has a typo.  It should read: http://www.olympus.co.jp/.

Those who can read Japanese/Chinese might be interested in having a peak at
the following page: http://www.olympus.co.jp/Profile/Recruit/Work/Work.html

You can get some idea of the range of business Olympus Japan is pursueing
as well as of its organization.

I don't believe in asking Olympus to join forces with Asahi Optical.  I
think that it is a bad idea to suggest Asahi Pentax.  Although I can
understand the frustration many of you might feel regarding the lack of a
new OM series camera for so many years,  suggesting a merger  with or
buyout  by another company would be insulting to any company.

Asahi Optical is not producing the kind of cameras Olympus has been making.
 The new MZ-M looks nice on appearance, but we don't know how durable or
what is inside the camera to produce that kind of price.

I believe a better approach is for many of you to write to Olympus asking
when they are going to produce a next OM camera.  I am still sorting and
converting 80 some e-mails into a more-presentable package of wish lists to
send to Olympus Japan.  If anyone with editorial expertise is willing to
help me, please let me know by private e-mail.

Thanks.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-