Re: [OM] Future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Future of OM
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:13:29 -0800
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:45, Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Although I can understand the frustration many of you might feel
>regarding the lack of a new OM series camera for so many years,
>suggesting a merger with or buyout by another company would be
>insulting to any company.

I agree with Tomoko on this.

But on a tangent to this, during my Library search this past
weekend, I came across the title of an article in the April '93
issue of Popular Photography (100:21-2) that said:

        Olympus OM-5 Auto Focus SLR?  Now you seem to see it,
        but is it for real?

I don't have access to the actual magazines, so I couldn't look
up the article.  Does anyone know about this article?  Did Olympus
show a prototype of an OM-5 back in 1993?  I assume that since it
mentioned "OM" specifically that it was not talking about the IS
series.  If this was a real OM camera, can someone summarize the
article for us.  The title sounds interesting.
        -Dan