[OM] Various Questions (Part 2)

Subject: [OM] Various Questions (Part 2)
From: "J. Williams" <williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:00:08 -0800 (PST)
Which screens are best for Astrophotography and macro-photography (in the
1:2 to 1:1 range)?

I like the 1-10 grid screen for keeping the horizon level; how do third
party screens compare?

I am not familiar with the 2-X screen series; what are they and  how have
they improved?

Freezing or refrigerating film.  Which is recommended?  Does it matter if
it's pro film or non-pro film?

What do expiration dates on film really mean (both pro and non-pro film)?
What happens after the date?

What's the difference between UV and Haze and Skylight filters (Color and
B&W)?

How can one employ fill-in flash with either the T-32 or F280 flash?  Or
is there a third party solution (OTF and TTL preferred)?

I read about a solution for the OM-1 battery problem; what is the fix?
Wein batteries or is there a suitable part?

I have extension tubes that will allow my 50mm f1.8 to go to 1:1.  How
sharp can I expect this set-up to be in the 1:2 to 1:1 range?

I was considering the 90mm f2 macro for close-ups (mostly flowers).  Is
this suitable for making copy slides?  How about on a copy stand?  Or
should I use the 50mm f1.8 with tubes?

I looked back in the review of the 90mm macro in  Modern Photography
(8/87) and it appears to be decent but reviews of the Tokina 90mm f2.5
macro (MP 6/89) seem to be much better.  Mostly excellent ratings versus
good ratings at the various apertures.  Any opinions?  Did they change the
test method?  Has Olympus changed the design of the 90mm lens since the
review?

What is the least expensive, best (sharpest) method for making slide
copies?

The FAQ states: "A snazzy, if inaccurate, colour 'Brochure' of Zuiko
lenses"  Why is it inaccurate?

Thanks, John