[OM] OM 2000 Spot Metering - How to check?

Subject: [OM] OM 2000 Spot Metering - How to check?
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Apr 98 16:59:16 +1000
Cc: sgoggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- Begin Message ---
Subject: OM 2000 Spot Metering - How to check?
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN.AU.ORACLE.COM>
Date: 01 Apr 98 09:42:27
Cc: sgoggin.au
Hello All,

I have been using the OM 2000 for a couple of months now. Overall I am happy
with it,  it's a little "loose" but seems to be very sturdily built.  I have
run around 30 rolls of film through it with some fairly rough handling, and
it
does not show any brassing yet.

The problem I have is that I am not sure if the spot meter is functioning
any
more.   I tried pointing the camera at a bright point light source, a light
bulb.  I moved this light source around the screen, and it appears the meter
reads exactly the same on spot and average.
The other day I was trying to capture a sunset, where I wanted to get a
reasonable exposure of the sand on a beach, I set the camera to spot and
took
a measurement from the sand, I noticed that if the bright sunset appeared
even
in the very edge of the frame the meter went up.   I was expecting the spot
meter to only meter of the center circle in the view finder.

Is this normal?

Regards
Stuart Goggin

--- End Message ---