Re: [OM] "IS" Series Battery Drain

Subject: Re: [OM] "IS" Series Battery Drain
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:52:12 -0600
>Have any of you had any experience with this or heard/read any
>reports about battery problems with this particular model?  Also,
>if you've got any opinions about Olympus's IS line, I'd love to
>hear 'em since I know absolutely nothing about them (other than
>that I now own one!)...

Don't fret too much about the misappropriation of camera funds.  It is an
Olympus after all.  As far as the battery drain?  Does it happen when the
camera is shut off too?  Might be a problem that needs repair.  Shouldn't
drain the battery in one day unless they are shooting 10 rolls of film using
flash and pressing the zoom buttons a lot.

I'm on my second IS now and am very happy with them.  The IS-1 was kinda
doggy, but my IS-3DLX is amazing.  Minor gripes, yes, but overall I'm
satisfied.

Ken Norton