RE: [OM] 100 f2.8 vs 90 f2

Subject: RE: [OM] 100 f2.8 vs 90 f2
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 21:15:47 -0500
Hi Richard D.

>you wrote:
>>I know I've already asked this but before I splash out on a new 90 f2, what
>>is the view, would the 90 f2 be a significant advance over the 100 f2.8 for
>>portraiture work, I also want it for its macro capability, though I have
>>other macro lenses (50mm & 80mm).

The 90 f2 is on my wish list  even though I have the 100 f2.8 and
another camera marque and lens for 1:2  macro.  The most significant
reason for my not just going ahead and buying it new or used is it would
severely impair my financial capacity  to buy other Oly items on my
"Don't have anything like it and I think I could use that"  list when
they turn up.

The volumes of positive reports  I've read about the Zuiko 90 f2 on this
list and in DejaNews  at 1:2 macro, out to infininity,  and for portrait
 work certainly made me sit up and take notice.  If I had either Zuiko
50mm macro  and the 80/4 ,   I'd still want the 90 f/2 for it's longer
macro working distance over the two 50's and its faster than the 80/4
for those pesky flowers blowin in the wind.  Come to think of it, my
camera bag is gonna be lighter  when I take just the 90f2 in place of
the 100 and 50.  By george, why don't I just buy it, sell the 50 macro,
and the 100 f2.8 and use the money to to go towards the bellows or
65-116 tube for higher mag stuff with the 80 f/4,....... yeah that's
what  I'll do :-)

Regards
S.C.