Re: [OM] Paul Van T.

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul Van T.
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 07:21:55 GMT
On Wed, 01 Apr 1998 23:49:10 -0500, "R. Lee Hawkins"
<lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

snips....to conclusion:

>I don't wish to ban or muffle Paul,
>just to have him restrict his posts to non-commercial activities.
>Educational activities about Oly are the stated purpose of this list,
>and should remain so, IMHO.  If the consensus wants to change that,
>fine, but I'm not convinced it does.
>
>Cheers,
>--Lee

I agree with you, Lee. I have made clear about a year (or so) ago that
I would like to keep the list free from all FS ads, but the consensus
then was that private FS ads should be possible, to the benefit of all
list members. So let it be that way. Personally I am still afraid that
banning all FS ads would have been better.

If anyone wants to reply to a person looking for an item to purchase,
let him make this reply privately. I must say that it would be of
great help if the e-mail headers of this list could be changed in a
way, that makes replies go automatically to the original poster
instead of the whole list. I have repeatedly made this mistake,
inadvertantly, to send a reply to the whole list when meant to go to
the original sender only. And I have seen many others doing the same.
I think Paul (read: his unvoluntary audience) could benefit from this
as well....

My opinion: let us keep this list completely non-commercial.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - NL