Re: [OM] Oly Gallery (was Back from Sonora/Mojave)

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly Gallery (was Back from Sonora/Mojave)
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:36:15 +0200

Greg Logiodice wrote:
>Ulf,
>
>Sounds like a great trip  - I'm envious :-)
>
>You must have quite a few great images from all of those trips.   I don't
know
>exactly how you could broach the subject but it would be nice if Olympus
>America let you post a sample of your portfolio in the "Gallery" section of
>thier website.   They hardly ever change it, and I think they would
(should)
>open up the Gallery to advanced amatuers like yourself that are devoted OM
>users.   I would certainly enjoy viewing your best there.   Any thoughts?
>
>All the best,
>
>Greg Logiodice
>Nyack NY

Thanks for your interest. I think the idea in itself is great as it
eventually would enable us to view each others work. If Olympus are
interested, that is. It would require a certain amount of engagement on
their side (designing) and these days I don't know, maybe they're only
interested if we can supply them with inferior Camedia-made GIFs or whatever
;-)
Still, it should be of interest to them to have a decent Gallery and if they
are going to rely on pro-made material, they won't manage many portfolios,
that's for sure :-(

Not to forget the Olympus Users Gallery which I think Garth is putting up at
the moment. (How's it going, Garth?)

What are the general opinions? Viewing list members material would be great
and a boost for the list, I think.

Ulf Westerberg