Re: [OM] Back from Sonora/Mojave

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from Sonora/Mojave
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 07:52:55 -0700
At 11:43 AM 4/2/98 +0200, Ulf Westerberg wrote:

[snip]

>How can a such a big, developed and otherwise very well organized country
>have such a crappy domestic air-line system? Not only was our flight
>delayed, more than half of the departures from both  Phoenix and San
>Fransisco were! For a while I thought I was in China or somewhere.

Ulf;

You just answered your own question.  The U.S. is *big*, and if you couple that
with the unusual weather patterns North America's been experiencing, weird
stuff happens.  Also, the "hub and spoke" system of connections used by almost
all North American airlines inside NA causes interesting "cascade failures" in
the system.

Well, okay, it's only interesting if you're studying it, not if you're caught
in it.  But I'm glad you made it back home safe and sound.

Does this mean you're gonna grace me with some more photos for the
still-to-be-set up Olympus Photo Web Site?  Your wildflowers in Australia shot
was fabulous -- now if only a few more members would contribute, mebbe I'd be
able to set something really nice up.

Garth