Re: [OM] Paul Van T.

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul Van T.
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 19:19:27 +0100
Bradley Mabb wrote:

>    Frank,
>
>      We have them here in the states.too. They're called PBS (public broad-
>   casting) stations :)

Frank is right though.  PBS in the US is rather a poor cousin of the
large networks or of cable.  In Europe there is properly funded public
radio; but in the UK in particular, we have the wonderful BBC Radio 4
which is speech-only radio with news, comment, plays, short stories,
serials, a soap opera (called The Archers) and the arts.  I spend 2
years in the States and the one thing I missed was Radio 4 on long
journeys on the roads.  Of course the scenery was different (g).

OM content: it's my birthday in a few days' time and I am getting a 2nd
hand 300/4.5 (tripod ring included) and I can't wait to get out with it
into the countryside around here (German/Dutch border).

El Nino content: nil
April Fool content: also nil - I'm gullible the whole year round ;-}

Chris Barker