Re: [OM] Misc. Olympus cord questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Misc. Olympus cord questions
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:49:01 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 20:39:51 GMT you write:

>This pulse (that's what it is, afaik) sets the counter back one
>position every time an exposure has been made. This facility is indeed

Humm.  But the counter drops back one position anyway in "single" mode.
Is this signal so that it will also drop back one position in "sequence"
mode (which I note doesn't happen with the Winder 2)?

>This pin layout question has been answered about a half year ago, but
>I don't remember now (and have discarded the old mail). The easiest
>thing to do is use a resistance meter to measure zero impedance
>between connected leads on the hot shoe on the camera and its cable
>socket, or pins on a connector 4 and socket holes on the same
>(comparing to a shoe 4), or even easier on a T-20 connector. I will be

Great idea.  I'll check it when my T20 connector arrives.  I'm a little
wary of testing it through the OM-4 body, since flash sync goes through
the main circuit, and continuity tester sends out a small voltage.

>I think your setup will work, otherwise manual or normal auto flashing
>on an OM 1 would also be impossible with interconnected T flashes.

Great, that is what I had deduced also, but just wanted to make
certain.  I'll keep the group informed on how it works.

Cheers,
--Lee