Re: [OM] Question for John H.

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for John H.
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 07:44:57 -0500
First I brush crevices with a small 1" paintbrush (which is never used for
anything but this purpose). Then I wipe broad surfaces with lens tissue dipped
in den. alcohol.  I don't wipe too much as this can dull some surfaces,
especially on plastic, like IS cameras.
I wrap a tissue around the tip of a tweezer, dip in alcohol, and use this to
clean dust & dirt between the release button, asa knob & wind lever (basic OM
body).
Last, I buff areas I can reach, with a chamois cloth (deerskin).

A birds feather is excellant for wiping dust off a focus screen as it never
scratches the surface.
I hope this helps!

John
Camtech