Re: [OM] Much Needed NEW Oly Topic

Subject: Re: [OM] Much Needed NEW Oly Topic
From: ONLYOLY BW <ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 00:51:08 EST

<< BW
   The item you are refering to and the item I have do appear to function
 the same.  I have a M.6VPower Pack 2, I also have a Winder 2.  What you
 refer to in Shipman's page 138 takes the Battery Holder 1 out of the
 winder and provides an external housing for it that can be kept warm
 etc.  What I have follows the description given by Shipman's (1981 and
 1987 also) except that it has a different battery tray which connects to
 the cord with a 9V battery clip.  i.e. - - We still don't have it !
 Rand E.   >>
Rand E, I was confused by Shipman as well, the picture I am looking at is on
page 25 in my "Olympus Manual for Motor Drive Group" form #IEMMS1*0479*4MS.
It shows a different battery holder than the one that fits inside the winders.
The cord also connects to the holder via ( what looks just like a regular 9
volt battery connector)  I'll type in the discription:
A cold resistant, external power source for the Winder 1 unit.  Connects to
the external power jack of the Winder by cord.  When the power pack is used,
current is automatically cut off from the batteries inside the winder and
switched to the pack.  When kept in the photographer's pocket, it prevents
battery failure and permits operation in extremely low temperatures.
Sounds like Olympus made a change to the Power pack 1 after April 1979.  You
may have a collectors item?
BW