Re: [OM] Stuck Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck Lens
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 3 Apr 98 15:47:33 +0200
On Ven, 3 apr 1998 2:28, Andre  Goforth <mailto:goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>If only I  could have Marco's touch and luck!.

I tried to put my 35-70 on a camera with shutter open (in B). Looking from
behind it is not clear how the lens can get stuck, the only clue may be
that the screw that now is missing may have lodged in a way that prevented
the lens from coming out. This tiny screw may be anywhere as it is *sure*
it came out, for the lens could never go after the red stop positions if it
still was on place. Maybe shaking the camera a bit or better looking from
behind, in B position, may bring you to find the small steel screw and led
to remove it.

I suggest you use a cable release with stop setting and remove back
completely in order to have both hands free for the job. It is black inside
but the screw is white.

best,

Marco
mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx