Re: [OM] FAQ-Q

Subject: Re: [OM] FAQ-Q
From: Kennedy <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 00:18:23 +0100
In article , R. Lee Hawkins <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>No, what "automatic X-sync" means in this case is that no matter what
>position you have the FP/X switch set at, the shoe will always be in X
>sync.  With the OM-1 (no N) this was apparently not true, and you had to
>watch the position of the switch.

When I stripped my OM-1 down a few years ago I was interested to note
that the wiring of the FP/X switch effectively shorted the switch out,
so it was always in the X-sync, no matter what postion the switch was
in.  When I rebuilt it I checked it and sure enough, the switch made no
damn difference - either on the socket or on the cord.

What has caused the understandable confusion in the FAQ is the inclusion
of the reference to the Shoe 4 - the OM-1n (and many OM-1's as well, as
my example showed) is always in X-sync, period.  If you take a meter you
can check that the contacts on the sync cord are connected directly to
the contacts on the shoe so they both operate in the same mode.
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)