Re: [OM] OM4 display question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 display question
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 19:27:08 +0100
GMcGrath wrote:

> Hi, all :-)
> I've recently acquired an OM4 in excellent condition.

Well I did have an OM4 in excellent condition until today: I was taking
some early morning photos in Trier (Germany) when my home-made wrist
cord unravelled and the little black box slipped heavily to the cobbles
with a dull thud ...:-( I suppressed an expletive (it being Lent) and
picked the thing up - only a slight dent to the corner of the baseplate
and a slight corresponding bulge.  I tried to check if it still worked
but the shutter froze and I had to wait until I could find a shop which
sold batteries to check that it would still work electronically - it
does.  Moral: buy a decent strap since it is not cool to make your own
and drop it.

On the subject of PvT.  I have listened for a while and I am sanguine
about his postings.  I do have a problem with the way some have allowed
themselves to get so angry about it (like me at work on a bad day ;-)).
Some of the lenghty quotes have indeed been a little disappointing, but
I shall not let that worry me.

The value of the List for me is that I read some humour, some wisdom and
some useful tips; I skim all the postings and delete those which do not
interest me (e.g. I'm sure loads of people have an interest in PF
lenses, I don't but so what).

Non-OM content: I have just driven back from Trier in a Mercedes CLK
230K (not mine for long) and it was great fun.

Chris Barker
cmib@xxxxxxx