[OM] Not OM but XA test

Subject: [OM] Not OM but XA test
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 21:52:52 +0200
Looking through some old magazines I've found a "rather long" review of the
XA, in a now defunct British magazine: Photo Technique of December 1979.
As I've seen some mails about it, I've think it could interest some people
on the list, so I send here the results of the lens and  shutter tests.
I've scan the complete text of the test,  perhaps,  Lee, could I send it to
you as an attached .txt file (25k) for your XA's FAQ. If you are interested
e-mail me. I've seen another one,  in French this time in Photo Argus a
French magazine. I've also seen some OM tests but none with so "precise"
information as those about the lenses which were on the list those days. In
Photo Argus there are detailed "scorched" drawings of some models but they
are larger than my A4 scanner so I guess the resulting file would be too
large to send here, I must try to scan and assembly one of these to see the
resulting file. Here are the results of the XA measurement:
 Viewfinder:
bright line frame with magnification 0.55 Parallax correction marks.

Rangefinder:
coincident image type, incorporated in viewfinder.

Shutter: electronic inter-lens type

        Performances:
        Lens: 35mm F Zuiko f/2.8
        (values in line pairs per mm)
        Aperture        Centre  Edge
        f/2.8           44              40
        f/4             56              44
        f/5.6           56              44
        f/8             56              48
        f/11            48              48
        f/16            48              44
        f/22            48              40

        Shutter
        (all measures at f/5.6)
        LV      Readout Measured ms             Nearest fraction
         7        4             250                     1/4
         8        8             120                     1/8
         9       15              59                     1/15
        10       30              28                     1/36
        11       60              14                     1/70
        12      125               8.2                   1/125
        13      250               4.2                   1/225
        14      500               2.1                   1/475