Re: [OM] Not OM but XA test

Subject: Re: [OM] Not OM but XA test
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 09:21:03 +0200

marc simon wrote:

>Looking through some old magazines I've found a "rather long" review of the
>XA, in a now defunct British magazine: Photo Technique of December 1979.
<snip>
> Performances:
> Lens: 35mm F Zuiko f/2.8
> (values in line pairs per mm)
> Aperture Centre Edge
> f/2.8 44 40
> f/4 56 44
> f/5.6 56 44
> f/8 56 48
> f/11 48 48
> f/16 48 44
> f/22 48 40

Thanks Marc. One of the handiest and sharpest P&S ever made this is one of
Olympus all-time greatest hits. An SLR lens still has an edge in performance
mainly due to better contrast.
BTW, my camera tech considered the current 35/2.8 Mju2 (Stylus2 in US)
inferior to the XA in terms of optical performance.

Ulf Westerberg