Re: [OM] OM4 display question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 display question
From: Kennedy <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:53:37 +0100
In article , GMcGrath <GMcGrath@xxxxxxx> writes
>John,
>I mean the last lit segment, i.e. the one under 125, in your example. I just
>wondered if all of them were as 'jumpy" as this one seems to be. I understand
>that it's considered normal.
>Thanks again,
>Greg

Have you checked this under natural light?  It can flicker under
artificial light, particularly fluorescent but often tungsten as well.
Under natural sunlight you should be able to select an aperture (perhaps
not on an exact click stop) which gives a stable display.  You might try
new batteries as near exhausted batteries can also make the meter
'jumpy' due to the extra few nA that switching the display segment
pulls.
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)