Re: [OM] OM4T in cold weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T in cold weather
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 23:52:32 +1000

>I plan to take two camera bodies and many spare batteries. The likely
>problematic scenarios are:
>- bringing cameras from heated premises to the outside
>- carrying cameras with me on a daytrip or several days' trip in
>constant cold

In Antarctica, the problem wasn't taking the camera outside, it was bringing
it inside. I could take it outside, take great pictures, no foggin, all
great. Bring it inside and it fogged over for an hour or two. I was
generally using an OM-1n, and the mercury battery never faltered. I just
left it outside in the cold porch, or brought it in after 3-4 hours in the
cold porch.

The 2SP failed a lot because of batteries. Recently someone described a
battery rig to keep the batteries in your shirt and power the 2SP, 3, 4
series cameras. This would be a good item to have for your trip.

Foxy