Re: [OM] M15V Nicad charger question

Subject: Re: [OM] M15V Nicad charger question
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 07:14:16 GMT
On Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:48:13 +0100, "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Does anyone know if all chargers of this type are all switchable (by screw
>position) 110V/240V.
>
>The one I have has 4 screw holes marked 100V, 115V, 220V, and 240V and is
>switched by inserting a screw into the relevant hole.
>
>I am looking at buying another from the US which has the 4 holes but they
>are covered by a plate, unlike mine, and there is no screw inserted.
>
>Thanks, David

Hello David.

I have one of those early ones as well.

I opened it and the transformer inside, which was branched at 115V,
could indeed be used for 220 and 240 mains voltage as well.
You will certainly have to open it for that, though. I can't remember
how I managed - I think I removed the type/name-plate on the back
completely to uncover the screws it was closed with... I remember now.
Afterwards I thought that it would have been better not to remove the
plate (will be damaged). You could feel with your thumbs where the
holes of those screws are (you will certainly be able to feel through
the thin aluminium plate) and drill a neat hole through the plate. The
two holes will look less damaged than a completely removed and reglued
plate....

Good luck,
Frank.