[OM] light leak????

Subject: [OM] light leak????
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 23:44:49 -0400
I just got the remaining film back from the lab that handled the processing
of my 250 frame magazines of the NASCAR race shoot.  I had five magazines
totaling about 130 feet of film.  As I cut them into strips for contact
printing, I noticed vertical streaks across random frames that look very
much like a light leak.  The streak extends beyond the 35mm frame all the
way across the film fully edge to edge.  The odd part is the frames that are
affected are in no pattern but the streak is *always* across the third set
of sprocket holes.  All five magazines show this attribute but to different
degrees.

The good news is initial review shows only one potential "keeper" is
affected and I will probably be able to crop out the bad area.  All the
other ones either have an adjacent usable frame or the picture will just
never get printed.  Any ideas what the culprit might be?

John P