[OM] Future OM

Subject: [OM] Future OM
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 10:36:07 +0000
I know I seem to ask more questions than provide information (its all part
of being a computer n*rd).
In a consumer led capitalocracy what do we the loyal users of OM want out
of a future serious (SLR) system.
   Do we want a supported manual focus system ie development of the current
   range, at least for a while
   Do we want a new AF camera/lenses, is the Contax style AF/manual focus
   lens compromise a possibility or is a completely new system the answer
   Do we want a serious/upgradeable/non-immediately-obsolesecent digital
   camera system, OLY may get there first, or will serious digital piggy
   back on existing AF cameras such as the F5
   Do we want an all-in-one SLR offering a fast 18mm-400mm built in (macro)
   zoom lens, I know this is impossible, but its what they're aiming
   for....
Maybe we'll still be using patched up 40 year old OM1s in the next century
I would favour using a manual focus system until digital comes up with the
goods, which is probably never.