Re: [OM] Hi OLY Gang!-Price Increases!

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi OLY Gang!-Price Increases!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 11:19:03 -0600
At 12:11 AM 4/7/98 -0500, Paul Van Tuyl <olympusguy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Well, the OLY people sent the new price list to dealers in the middle of
>the night, by fax! Would you believe the dealer cost on an OM-4Ti is now
>$1200u.s.!
>
>A bunch of lenses also increased dramatically. I have not had time to
>compare all before and after dealer prices, but I can see that several
>increases are less than the reported 20%.

[snip]

**SIGH**  Well, looks like it's time to "diversify" my holdings into other
brands (I'm thinking Nikon F70...).  Too bad.

Paul, a question for you: are you planning on blowing out "old" stock at
pre-hike prices, or are you going to let the new wholesale prices flow
through?  I'm sure people here might be interested...

As for me, looks like it's time to get rid of some of my duplicated and
unwanted Oly (or Oly-mount) lenses.  :-/

BTW, I just went and checked Access Camera's Olympus prices -- looks like
the new ones haven't taken effect (yet).  Wonder if Access carries stock,
or just orders from manufacturers as they receive orders from customers?
If the latter, then most of their lens prices are now wrong.

Garth Wood