Re: [OM] PvT again (was Hi OLY Gang!-Price Increases!)

Subject: Re: [OM] PvT again (was Hi OLY Gang!-Price Increases!)
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:03:59 +0100
I have been very disappointed by some of the on-going comments in this
thread which seems to resurface every few days. Can't we just try and get
on? As others have already stated there are often discussions on this list
which are of no interest to all of us but they can easily be ignored and no
more than a few seconds are wasted - and of course sometimes I realise that
there is something of interest there and I have learned to much from this
list.

Paul is obviously quite a major dealer in Olympus and it should surprise
no-one that he would find out about increases before a minor dealer who
"carries the OM2000 but could order other items" - and after all he is
hardly likely to increase his business by listing false increases which can
be checked so easily. I think one comment in particular should be withdrawn
as it is quite offensive.

I have only bought minor items from Paul (so far) but he has gone out of
his way to find very small parts which are impossible to get here in the UK
- parts which only cost a few $ and on which he can be making little profit
- and he posts them to me via the normal mail system which again only costs
a few $ AND he accepts credit cards for such small amounts. This makes life
so much easier when ordering from the UK - ordering small items from B&H or
KEH is not effective due to their large international shipping charges.

Yes Paul sometimes sends mails which have little content in them, yes he
sometimes forgets to remove the OM signature and yes he does occasionally
return a personal e-mail to the list but I have done all of these too - and
I have seen some others do it far more. I am also prepared to put up with a
little hard sell from someone who has gone out of his way to help - you may
remember a week or so ago I posted a message about the tiny timer switch
cover which had gone missing from my OM4Ti - I had no idea where to begin
to look for  one but Paul has ordered one from Olympus US for me and will
post it on to the UK for a few $.

Finally - perhaps we all make mistakes from time to time! ( !!! :) ).

David