[OM] Day three--when will the withdrawal symptoms cease?

Subject: [OM] Day three--when will the withdrawal symptoms cease?
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:19:23 -0500
The other day I waxed poetic regarding the OM's and lamanted my temporary
sabatical from them.  Well, I now am in day three and am going through
various symptoms of withdrawal.

Yesterday, it was so bad I found myself at the film counter at K-Mart
drooling over a disposable Fuji camera.  I got the shakes so bad that they
had to call security over and escort me away from the one-hour lab.

Last night, I got up at 2:00AM and took the Zuikos out of the camera bag and
cleaned every one.  I even changed the batteries in the flash!

This morning instead of grabbing an eggo waffle from the freezer I tried
stuffing two rolls of Sensia into the toaster.

It is getting so bad, that I'm even thinking about charging an OM-3T on my
Discover Card!  STOP ME, PLEASE!!!!!   I'm dreaming about a 350/2.8 with 1.4
teleconverter stuffed on the front of a beautiful OM-3T while sitting in a
blind (hide) in Yellowstone National Park, surrounded by wildlife and every
shot I take (motor drive 2) is an award winner and commands at least $3000
per use and Art Wolfe comes over and begs me to trade my camera outfit for
his three brand new Nikon F5 bodies and 600/4 AF lenses and I say "not on
your life, buddy"--just then an EMP from an exploding nuclear reactor
somewhere in the world just toasted the electronics in every modern camera
except for my OM-3T and I'm the only photographer to get the picture of the
mushroom cloud which goes on the front cover of every newspaper and magazine
in the world which causes the people of the USA to elect me King (er
President), but four months into my highly successful administration
somebody tries to assinate me but the titanium top and bottom plates of the
OM-3T stop the bullet making everybody realize that OM cameras are the most
wonderful PPDs (personal protection devices) and they all go out and buy
them which causes Olympus to produce more which drives the price down to $59
USD each and everybody on this list becomes happy because Olympus even
introduces an OM-5T and OM-6T with every wishlist item and it is the same
size and weight as an OM-1 and fully updates the Zuiko line with AF lenses
that are AF even on manual bodies and of course to top it all off, PVT
learns how to snip messages and as a result gets worldwide distribution
rights to the Varamagni-Finder--oh, no, now I'm hallucinating!

I can't take this much longer, gotta have an OM fix, gotta have an OM fix,
gotta have an OM fix, gotta have an OM fix, gotta have an OM fix, gotta have
an OM fix, gotta have an OM fix...

Ken (OM-less) Norton