Re: [OM] The OM Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] The OM Gallery
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 13:21:04 -0600
At 10:41 AM 4/9/98 -0400, you wrote:

>That reminds me.  I am adding a gallery of my own work to my new website (in
>production).  What is the  accepted way to set up a thumbnail linked to a
>larger picture.  Also what is the best format to present a picture in?  JPEG?
>I got myself a SCSI Olympus ES-10 and am about to give it a workout!
>
>John
>Camtech

John;

To capture a large palette (hundreds of thousands to millions of colours),
JPEG's the way to go at the moment.  GIF is simply inadequate for that
particular task (though good dithering can go a long, long way...).  As for
linking a thumbnail to a larger image, I don't think there is an "accepted
way."  Your best bet is to look at sites that already do this sort of thing,
and then copy the structure of the site which has the best architecture in your
opinion.

Good luck.

Garth