[OM] om2000 first impressions

Subject: [OM] om2000 first impressions
From: lenglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Larry English)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 98 11:28:36 EDT
Cc: olympusguy@xxxxxxxx
surprises i didn't like:

no flash output apart from hot shoe.

according to manual, you
have to take batteries out in "b" mode to avoid possible light leakage from
led display to film. which is silly because the leds have no function
in b mode anyway. and besides - what stops it from leaking during the
timed modes? this sounds very dubious to me.

shutter very loud.

the spot metering switch does seem a little chintzy.

the low-level light metering does not go down as far as i thought it would.

surprises i did like:
the body does seem strong.

you never have to turn it off! the metering is only active when you press
the shutter button half way.

the multi switch seems fine in terms of construction.

but, i do like everything i expected to like:
spot metering
all manual
1/2000
multiple exposure easy
 also, frame count stays accurate
 [on my old konica you can do multi, but the frame counter gets off and
  you have to waste at least a partial frame]
locking shutter button
etc.

wle.