Re: [OM] OM-4 vs. OM-3

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 vs. OM-3
From: Miguel&David <mirko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 12:06:28 +0200
> I was wondering, besides the manual shutter and the manual/ auto switch
> to the left of the OM-4, what is the difference between the new OM-3's
> and OM-4's?  i recently returned from India and Nepal, and BOTH of my OM
> bodies had significant troubles, so i am considering a new OM-4, or a
> used OM-3, or both.............  is the metering exactly the same?  etc.
> etc. etc.?

If you recently have been around this sites, I´ll go for the
mechanical shutter due to if you have problems with batts, you
will be able to shoot without them. But when you choose the
mechanical shutter, you lose some extra tools:
-Automatic exposure control: average light metering 1min-1/2000sec.
                             spot metering 4min-1/2000 (night scene
                             is less guess-work)
-AE-lock: Exposure value memory system(60min.limiter)
-Exposure compensation .(+-2EV)

You will have also a 1/60 mechanical shutter, and much more...

You will have to pay more for the OM3 Ti and you won´t taste this
outstanding camera. If you really want a good mechanical shutter, buy
a second hand camera like OM-1n (is perfect). Then you will have to
bodies for the price of one.

Here is a good article about OM4Ti:
http://www.teamti.com/Ziv/OM/OM-Article-4tipro.htm

Welcome to this superb sysytem.