Re: [OM] SW US adventures

Subject: Re: [OM] SW US adventures
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:17:45 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 05:42:24 EDT you write:
>Hi all:
>
>The peak density of poppies and owlclover and lupines were in grazed rangeland
>immediately north of Kits Peak Observatory. Lee will die when he hears I
>didn't take a single 35 mm shot of the observatory!  But the road up there is

Acck!  How can you even admit such a heinous sin, my son? :)  The road
is an "interesting" drive, even moreso in the winter when the water
from the springs in the cut away cliffs freezes in the corners of the
road!

On another note, my ex g/f saw the green flash from the top of the
mountain before an observing run one night.  Unfortunately she wasn't
expecting it, so had no camera handy to catch it on film.

Sounds like you're having a great trip, Gary.  I'm sure we'll all look
forward to seeing some scans in the gallery :)

Cheers,
--Lee