Re: [OM] Reversed 50mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversed 50mm lens
From: ONLYOLY BW <ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 13:17:31 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-11 10:01:44 EDT,
Foxy you write:
<< A while ago someone posted that a 50mm reversed on a 100mm did not
 vigenette. I tried it on my 75-150 zoom and it nearly disappeared at 150mm.
 Probably just a zoom thing though. Foxy >>

Hi Foxy,
You guys have got me curious,since I'm into this macro thing.  I looked up
what John Shaw had to say about stacking. (Nature Photographer's Field
Techniques pg 118 -121).  He says you can cure vegnetting by 2 ways.  1)  Add
some extension between prime lens and body.  2) increase the focal length of
the reversed lens.  He says you can get up to 2X with good results and 4X is
absolute max.  (Magnification = Focal length of prime lens / Focal length of
reversed lens.)
Always leave the reversed lens wide open.  His favorite is the Nikon 105 short
mount stacked on a 200mm.
BW