Re: [OM] Reversed 50mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversed 50mm lens
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:37:45 +1000

>In a message dated 98-04-11 10:01:44 EDT,
>Foxy you write:
><< A while ago someone posted that a 50mm reversed on a 100mm did not
> vigenette. I tried it on my 75-150 zoom and it nearly disappeared at
150mm.
> Probably just a zoom thing though. Foxy >>
>
>Hi Foxy,
>You guys have got me curious,since I'm into this macro thing.  I looked up
>what John Shaw had to say about stacking. (Nature Photographer's Field
>Techniques pg 118 -121).  He says you can cure vegnetting by 2 ways.  1)
Add
>some extension between prime lens and body.  2) increase the focal length
of
>the reversed lens.  He says you can get up to 2X with good results and 4X
is
>absolute max.  (Magnification = Focal length of prime lens / Focal length
of
>reversed lens.)
>Always leave the reversed lens wide open.  His favorite is the Nikon 105
short
>mount stacked on a 200mm.
>BW

I've got this book, but I don't have a longer lens (90mm then 300mm), so I
tried 50 stacked on 90. He also says not to use a macro lens for the stacked
lens. So to get 2 times with little light loss, I need a 200mm (Zuiko of
course) and a 100mm short mount/projection lens from somewhere.

I tried to add extension on the 90mm (it focuses to 1:2), but it wasn't
enough. Someday soon.

Foxy