Re: [OM] OM-4Ti in Germany

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti in Germany
From: Paul Haigney <qpw5709@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 21:55:16 +0100
> Not cheap enough for me.  I don't aspire to a 4Ti, I could _never_
> justify that sort of expenditure on my pitiful attempts at
> photography.  I would like a 2SP for about £100 though....
>
> --Hi Ian

Listen your giving up to easy on the 4Ti don't bother looking at the prices in
the UK mag'syou won't get a bargain  from any of them, what I do is contact some
small shops deep in the country they have far less passing trade and their
prices are much lower, I picked up a 4Ti for £250 simply by calling such a shop.
Buy the local free ad's paper there great ,and get this yesterday Sat 11/4th in
the BUY & SELL  an Irish free ad's paper this is what I read..."Olympus camera
and flash £130 pounds" so I phoned and the guy said it was an" MO2" yes he did
say MO2 anyway we arranged to meet and in less then 1 hour I was the proud owner
of an OM2 spot program+28mm f2.5 Sun brand lens and the flash was in fact a T32
all for £130 ,.....no haggling, I just shuck the guy's hand and he wished me
good luck.
So Ian keep your eye's open ,it takes a bit of detective work but the bargains
are out there.
Rgds Paul Haigney
Dublin...IRELAND