[OM] Re: OM-2SP

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2SP
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:54:03 -0700
Hi all,

I've got an OM-2 (not n), and am considering trading it for an OM-2SP. I'm
wondering if this would be a wise or economical move? From looking at the
specs, it appears that the only difference between the two cameras is the
program mode and the spot meter. The program mode would have very limited
usefullness for me. The spot meter function would be great.

I've heard that the OM-2SP is not as well built as the OM-2(n). It certainly
feels different in the hand, somehow not as solid feeling. And there is the
the potential circuit board problem, though John H. says this is rare and
most OM-2SP and OM-4 are very reliable.

As to the cost, I would be looking at $100 USD to $150 USD difference
between the two. Any opinions on whether this would be a good trade? Is the
spot meter worth the additional money and what about the reliability and the
"feel" of the OM-2SP as compared to the OM-2? Would you trade if it were
your camera?

Regards,
John Austin
Oakland, CA