Re: [OM] 24mm+B28

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm+B28
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 18:47:08 GMT
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 18:53:21 +0200, "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi, all
>Some times ago,  Frank Van Lindert have explained how he test a 200f/4 with
>the converter B-300 for the Is-3000. As I've find a B-28 (the wide angle
>converter),  I've tested it with a wide angle: I've screwed it,  with a
>step-down ring 55>49 on a 24f/2.8. Large and heavy,  but a nice opportunity
>to have a wider angle "19.2mm" at  "no-cost" except the price of the ring.
>The pictures are fine with no vignetting and only a little bit softer in
>the corners .
>I've also try the converter on an Is-100 (ring 55>52) but this time there
>is some vignetting, depending of the focusing distance.
>I must check for the distortion but the 24+B28 is  a really promising
>combination.
>
>marc simon

Hi Marc.

This sounds most encouraging. I just bought a B-28 converter through
eBay and I planned to test it the way you did, with a 35 (which is the
focal length it was meant for), but also 28, 24 and maybe 21mm. Here
we do have more opportunities than with teles because all those
wide-angles have either 49 or 55mm filter rings (unlike the teles of
which all primes longer than 200mm have filter rings of at least
72mm).

I will have to wait another week before I have the B-28 in the house,
but your story makes sure that I will try it immediately after its
arrival!

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.