Re: [OM] The Gallery -- Now Open

Subject: Re: [OM] The Gallery -- Now Open
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 06:43:01 -0600
At 01:40 AM 4/14/98 -0400, Gary Reese wrote:

>Hi Garth:
>
>BRAVO on a job well done!  This is great to have on the WWW.  Nice stuff
>folks!
>
>As an aside: when the number of images increase you'll need to do something
>about the number of inline images per page.  It is at the point now that
>additional contributors will likely need to go on different pages.

Yes, I agree.  Actually, I was hoping that more people would send me their
(self-)portraits, so I could set up individual "jump" pages for each
contributor; the only person to actually do so was Clive Warren.  I'm also
working on some additional technical features to try and speed up
downloading/viewing of images.

>Also I
>guess there will be a need to limit the total number of images per submitter,
>least the page they are on gets too lengthy.

I'd rather not.  As I mentioned above, there may be other ways to get around
this problem.  The gallery *is* in an experimental period, and you should
expect to see its organization/presentation change over the next month or so.

Garth