Re: [OM] OLY ES 10 Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] OLY ES 10 Scanner
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:57:15 -0400
hi everyone,

i think this is oly marketing at work again. it is just like the way they
started the IS series which is a successful design because it targeted a
certain segment of consumers and cornered it. i think the es-10 is aimed for
people exactly like us, not exactly professional and not exactly oozing with
dinero. but with enough sense to know what we need. i think this is aimed at
those internet scanners where the maximum resolutin really depends on the
monitors that are being used and not the scanner that is uploading the
image. you basically don't need those megapixel scanners for the internet
and i don't think you want those because it will eat up your webpage space
unless again you are willing to pay for the space. you want good compromise
and i think this is exactly what the ES-10 is. frankly, won't pay over $1000
or even $600 for a scanner for starters, but $489? hey, i want one and i can
actually even afford it at that price!!

francis