Re: [OM] focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing screens
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:00:19 +0200
VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
> If, btw, you're thinking you can find a "2"
> series occasion - just as likely as finding an OM-3Ti occasion, chances
> close to zero.
[...]

Hey, I must have been lucky then. On Saturday I just bought a used 2-4
for DM35 (US$19) and thought it a bit pricey for this tiny piece of
plastic (still waiting for the OM3Ti-occasion though).
Well, I 'converted' it to fit my OM-2 (very easily done) and it really
*does* make a great difference! Now, what I actually was looking for,
was a 1-10, which seems to be really hard to find, and this converting
got me thinking, whether it might be possible to turn the 2-4 into a
'2-10' (scalpel and ruler?). Has anyone ever done thelike?
>From a quick test, the difference in metering (for manual) between the
1-1 and the 2-4 seems to be +1/2 EV. Can I expect this value to be
constant in different light situations or with different lenses? Any
ideas?

Soenke, Hamburg

BTW: The gallery is exellent indeed! Thanks a lot, Garth! Only, do
Oly-cameras (and users) photograph *people* as well?!? :-)