Re: [OM] focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing screens
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:07:29 GMT
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:00:19 +0200, Soenke Jansen
<SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>[...]
>> If, btw, you're thinking you can find a "2"
>> series occasion - just as likely as finding an OM-3Ti occasion, chances
>> close to zero.
>[...]
>
>Hey, I must have been lucky then. On Saturday I just bought a used 2-4
>for DM35 (US$19) and thought it a bit pricey for this tiny piece of
>plastic (still waiting for the OM3Ti-occasion though).

>Well, I 'converted' it to fit my OM-2 (very easily done) and it really
>*does* make a great difference! Now, what I actually was looking for,
>was a 1-10, which seems to be really hard to find, and this converting
>got me thinking, whether it might be possible to turn the 2-4 into a
>'2-10' (scalpel and ruler?). Has anyone ever done thelike?

DON'T TRY IT, Soehnke!!!! You will ruin the thing. This is highly
specialized work.

There are firms, though (e.g. Beattie and another firm which I don't
remember the name of now) which will turn your 1-10 into a 2-10 by
fine-grinding the matte surface, or maybe have in stock so-called
Intenscreens with a checker pattern on it already.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.